Radio Restoration, Supplies, Parts and Publications

Lawrence P Knapp Lawrence_P_Knapp at EMAIL.WHIRLPOOL.COM
Tue Jun 9 08:51:21 EDT 1998

     I have seen many inquiries for "Where does one get....", "How can one
     find...", "Where can I get a manual or schematic for....".  For those
     just new to this restoration of beloved radio equipment I offer the
     following.  A subscription to Electric Radio is an avenue to find out
     the answers to questions of manuals, schematics and restoration tips.
     In articles and in the want ads there are numerous vendors who offer
     products that would be hard to find if not for this publication.

     I have ordered from the following two companies.  I AM NOT endorsing
     either company but they do have some good quality stuff.
     There have been inquiries that have asked for restoration or touchup
     paint, drive belts, hard to find resistors, power plugs/octal
     plugs/sockets, relays and many other items.  One place I have used to
     find some very difficult to find items for my Hammarlund's,
     Hallicrafters', Heathkit's, and National's is R & R Design, out of
     Marshall, Wisconsin.  They also have supplies for Johnson's, Collins',
     Drake and others.  They have an www address:

     http://www.geocities.com/researchtriangle/lab/4513/rr.html

     This web address contains their on-line catalog which is loaded with
     supplies.  They have a toll-free order line (800-372-4287).  R&R is
     not a "true" electrical supply house (Like Allied Radio or Newark) but
     they do have a lot of items for the restorer.  They also have a
     printed catalog.  Sent a request to:

     R&R Designs
     202 Midvale Dr
     Marshall, Wi  53559

     Antique Radio out of Arizona is also a very good source for things
     like tubes and especially replacement dial cord.  They also carry many
     publications on radio restoration and collecting.  They are also on
     the web.  Their address is:

     http://www.tubesandmore.com

     These two companies do not have everything one will need but they are
     a start.  Happy restoration.

     .............Larry (KC8JX) "One of the x-hams at Heath"

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS