memory lane

Eugene Balinski eugeneb at NNI.COM
Thu Jun 18 21:42:44 EDT 1998

>        For the old timers in/from Connecticut how many remember Hatry's? In
>their Hartford, CT store they had a ham radio section with new and old
>equipment. I spent hours in my youth from grammar school through college
>there leaning on the counter talking to Corky or Ward the resident ham radio
>experts. Corky built most every piece of equipment in his shack and
>encouraged me to do the same. Hatry's had something for everybody, in my
>case parts and cheap BA's, I used to buy 8298/6146 pulls from a them for
>$.25. It was wonderful place for a kid on a allowance and odd job budget.

Hatry's was about the first real ham store that I was in.  Bought a used
Johnson Matchbox there.

Speaking of Boatanchor stores, what about Lafayette ?  Great catalog. I would
pour over the Drake and Hammarlund gear just waiting for the day when I
could finally afford to own them.  And speaking of catalogs, how about
WRL (World Radio Labs) ??  Weren't they in the mid-west somewhere ??

73
K1NR/3

ex WA1UXA
Naugatuck, Ct