Looks like we're getting the 1750m band!

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at PDQ.NET
Mon Mar 2 02:29:53 EST 1998

At 09:57 PM 3/1/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Dust off what ever VLF gear you might have laying around!
>The American Radio Relay League has successfully petitioned the National
>Telecommunications and Information Administration in hope of gaining that
>agency's support for a new ham band at 160 to 190 kilohertz.  The NTIA says
>it has no objections to United States radio amateurs being given access to
>this very low frequency band and will support its creation.
>
>Jeff KH2 PZ

Now wait a second,
What are the Lowfer stations already there going to do? Will they share the
band with hams or what? Not all of them have a license...

bratcher at pdq.net
Record collector, 8mm, super 8, 16 and 35mm Film collector.
Looking for prerecorded reel to reel tape albums.
I like old radio's too.
Collins, Hallicrafters, National & Hammarlund are my Favorites!

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS