FS: ARRL Handboooks & publications

Jim Strohm jstrohm at TEXAS.NET
Sun Mar 22 23:47:42 EST 1998

 "Brian Carling" <bry at mnsinc.com> passed this along...

>This was strongly worded, but I have to agree. Total gouging!
>
>$5-6 each is normal among hams, and I occasionally see really nice
>looking ones for $10 or even $12, but JEEPERS $20 ??

Most of the rest of you -- and most of whom felt so vehement about the subject
to send more than one email -- felt my complaint was out of line.

Fine.

In the future, I'll respond to every post telling the seller he's asking way,
way too little for his stuff.  Especially the ones who've got their stuff
for free.

I'll also encourage the Surplus Swindlers of Nebraska to sell doorknob
capacitors here for prices higher than I spent for my entire house.

And I will beg the audio guys to wander over to purvey their 5R4s
for $100 each, which is greater than the these tubes' value in gold,
cocaine, or whatever other stupid drug you people have been taking.

Jim N6OTQ

I am the price police and I am here to protect you idiots from yourselves.

If you have any problems with that, please send me $50. US (Canadian
funds NOT accepted) for a used 12AX7.  S&H extra.  Add $10. for COD.

Jim Strohm
jstrohm at texas.net

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov