FS: ARRL Handboooks & publications

Brian Carling bry at MNSINC.COM
Mon Mar 23 06:11:45 EST 1998

This is all out of proportion, everyone!

Jim, that is the last time you publish my private e-mailed comments
to you, please! OK?

I am VERY offended that you did this!

This is my last comment on this thread that will go to the BA list
here.

We have a great list, and it should not be allowed to be ruined by
someone who gets carried away and over-states the situation
when giving his opinion about someone else's prices.

OK, $20 each was higher than normal, but not THAT extreme.

Jim, you are getting a bit over-excited and breaching etiquette here.

1) You said far too much about it on the group list.

2) Your publishing of MY PRIVATE E-MAIL TO YOU IS A LOW BLOW!
You never do that!

Your intentions may have seemed good to you, but you are becoming a
trouble maker here.

PLEASE cut it out now! By the way though, I did think parts of this
last  one from you was very funny and amusing, which is probably
the way we should end this whole thread. As friends; and have a good
laugh about it!

Fellas, let's all lighten up and forget it, OK? Life is too short to
get this serious over the price of a bunch of old Handbooks!

On 22 Mar 98 at 20:47, Jim wrote:

>  "Brian Carling" <bry at mnsinc.com> passed this along...

> > [Embarrassing private comment deleted!]

> Most of the rest of you -- and most of whom felt so vehement about the subject
> to send more than one email -- felt my complaint was out of line.
>
> Fine.
>
> In the future, I'll respond to every post telling the seller he's asking way,
> way too little for his stuff.  Especially the ones who've got their stuff
> for free.
>
> I'll also encourage the Surplus Swindlers of Nebraska to sell doorknob
> capacitors here for prices higher than I spent for my entire house.
>
> And I will beg the audio guys to wander over to purvey their 5R4s
> for $100 each, which is greater than the these tubes' value in gold,
> cocaine, or whatever other stupid drug you people have been taking.
>
> Jim N6OTQ
>
> I am the price police and I am here to protect you idiots from yourselves.
>
> If you have any problems with that, please send me $50. US (Canadian
> funds NOT accepted) for a used 12AX7.  S&H extra.  Add $10. for COD.
>
> Jim Strohm
> jstrohm at texas.net

Chill out, Jim!

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov