RCA phono jacks on Heath gear

Bob Miller bmiller at CALWEB.COM
Sat Oct 31 13:18:16 EST 1998

I've never had a so-called American made UHF connector that was properly mounted
and soldered go noisy on me (in the shack), I wish I could say the same for the
RCA style connectors regardless of source or style of construction, be it
phenolic or ceramic.  Not that I'm going to swap out all my RCA connectors, I
just live with the rotten things and clean periodically.  While F connectors
probably offer the best Z match for the buck, most of my interconnects  are 50
ohms and not a good match for F systems.
    One thing to watch on the RCA's is the length of the plug's center pin,
they're not all the same and can cause all kinds of grief if not mated properly
with the respective receptacle. Nuff said,

    73

    Bob, KE6F

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov