Theremin?

Robert Nickels ranickel at MWCI.NET
Sun Apr 4 23:07:36 EDT 1999

>check the periodicals index there at ASU and there will be articles in old
>pop. electronics that they probably have there at the library on microfilm.

Save you the search, or at least provide a starting point:

The first Popular Electronics article on the Theremin was published in the
April 1955 issue,  Vol 1 Number 6.   The design is a 5 tube job,  with a
large metal "T" serviing as the tone control, and a similar "V" for volume.
This was the cover article, and the photo is so cool I snapped a digital
photo of it and put it on my webpage if you'd like to take a look:

http://users.mwci.net/~ranickel/Theremin.jpg

I know there were other articles, including solid state models, probably
well into the 60's..

73, Bob W9RAN

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov