FS: 51J-4

Lane Zeitler zeitler at IBM.NET
Wed Apr 14 22:13:12 EDT 1999

After many inquiries as to "how much" I will offer my 51J-4 for sale. It has
all three filters--6kc, 3.1, and 1.4. They are original Collins filters
500B14, 500B31, 500B60.

It has the Collins cabinet.

It of course has the dust cover.

It has the two alignment tools that are housed on the inside of the rig on
the right side.

I have a copy of the manual.

I will professionally double box and ship ONLY through UPS. It will be
appropriately insured for replacement value.

Cosmetic condx: Front panel is a  8.5/10. I don't know this CCA stuff. To me
a 10/10 means it looks like it just came out of the box for the first time.
With that in mind the internal chassis area is also around an 8.5.

The cabinet is around a 7.5 to 8/10.

The dial drum is yellow with age. The dial glass is clear and intact with no
cracks.

Electrical condx: Could probably use an alignment. I use it primarily for AM
bdcst such as KPOP AM 1360 and some other SWL. It hears everything my
TS-520S hears but now always at the same level. I think that the AF Gain and
RF Gain pots could use a good cleaning.

With all of this in mind I would like $625.00 for the rig and we will split
UPS charges. I will CONSIDER a smaller HF amp that covers 160 meters such as
the Ameritron 3 or 4 tube 811A or AL-80A, Hethkit SB-1000, or even a nice
Swan Mk II (I know it does not cover 160) amp as a partial trade. Will not
seperate. All or nothing.

Thank you for the read.

Lane Zeitler
2262 Barney St
San Diego CA 92139
619-470-6528

Call: Ku7i

Pls respond ONLY by e-mail. If we HAVE to talk on the phone I will call you.

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS