Using SONY ECM-21 Mic on AM or SSB? (longish...)

DavidC eDoc at NETZERO.NET
Sun Dec 19 09:48:51 EST 1999

Thanks to all who replied!  Very helpful!  Beautiful sounding
AM, here I come!  ;-)

Neat thing about the ECM-21 is that it requires only a standard
1.5v AA battery and the compartment is inside the mic casing.

Of course the down side is if the battery leaks your mic will
probably be destroyed.  Short term I will use the AA, long term
I will probably rewire the mic to accept power from the mixer
or rig.

I continue to be interested in recommendations for a mic pre-amp/
EQ/limiter-compressor device that I might acquire used for short
money.  Would also appreciate suggested sites on the Internet
where such devices are commonly posted for sale.

Keep making those BA's sound better and better!  ;-)

- Thanks again! & 73, DavidC  K1YP