[AWA] Best of the "century"?

Guillermo C.W. kd7bfx at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Dec 24 22:48:05 EST 1999

My vote for the most important "radio" person must go to Philo T.
Farnsworth. What development of radio technology, beyond Marconi's
original synthesis of the work of others, has had a more profound effect
on the social, economic, political, aesthetic, and sex lives of us all,
here and abroad?

The most important radio, per se? That might have been the Zenith 500
(?) the earliest of the mass produced transistor pocket AM BCB radios,
put radios in the hands of millions (more) but more importantly made
radio reception fully, 100% take anywhere, anytime.

Will
KD7BFX