Howard 437A

JohnJack M Iverson jackiv at JUNO.COM
Sat Jul 10 21:38:14 EDT 1999

I hope that i am not beating this thing to death, but when i said to bake
the transformer, that is just what i meant, but forgot to say to first
remove it from the radio.  that way other components would not be damaged
from the heat.
  As an aside, most electric motor repair shops will take pity on a poor
ham and will take his "pole pig" and put it in the back of his varnish
bake oven for a few cycles and if possible maybe put in the varnish vat
and re-bake it.  this i have done and boy, was that a quiet tx. 3kv at 2
amps without a quiver.  as i recall that was a 5 kva wagner tx.
 Some of the other old timers out there will remember this,oil and all.
sorry to take up so much space.
                            73  old jack

Jack Iverson    K0EWU    jackiv at juno.com
ARRL,  IEEE LM,  RCA, AMI, ARCI, QCWA,CCA

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS