TX Tube Testers

Steve Harrison ko0u at OS.COM
Tue Jul 27 13:59:09 EDT 1999

>Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:27:57 -0400
>From: "Owens, Clarence" <clare.owens at otis.com>
>To: "'BA Swap Post'" <baswaplist at foothill.net>
>Sender: owner-baswaplist at foothill.net
>
>Hi All,
>
>I sent this directly to Cecil the other day and now that my email address
>change is registered, I can post it, corrected and enhanced, for everyone.
>
>There was a transmitting tube tester article in the GE Ham News.  It also
>appeared in their book that is a compendium of SSB related Ham News'.

If I remember right, there was also one in 73 Mag way back in the good ole
days when Jim Fisk (God rest and bless his soul) was editor. I believe it
was called the bottle tester or some such. Anybody remember that and can
find it in old 73s?? As I recall, there was some mention that this thing
could be built as something to take to hamfests to test bottles right there
at the seller's table. These days, many hamfest sites have some place to
plug into 120VAC. If you were REALLY serious, you'd lug a Gel-Cell around
with one of those 300+ watt 12VDC-120VAC inverters ;o)

Clare, I'm reposting this to the Boatanchor list at Tempe since Gene,
list-owner of the Boatanchor list at Foothill, doesn't like anything but
actual For-Sale/Trade posts on his reflector and I don't want him to ban
me....

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS