Thanks for the advice on the R-390A Power Switch

Rob Dunn dunnr at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sat Jun 5 22:18:04 EDT 1999

Hi All,

First of all I need to drop a long overdue thank you to the group for all
your advice on my R-390A power switch problem.   Initially I tried to
respond individually but I work long days during the week and rapidly fell
behind with the large volume of help, this is truely a great group of guys
with a wealth of experience and knowledge.   I have heeded all of it in one
form or another, learned a great deal in the follow-on discussion, am
looking for a variac, and indeed Fair Radio did come back and offer me a
full function switch with the microswich for $15.  I am picking up the
switch but I have repaired my current one and am looking for parts to
suppress arcing as the contracts open up.  On DC circuits switching coils I
used to use diodes.  Should be able to find some sort of transient
suppressor even in the hobby electronics wasteland of Las Vegas.

Thanks!

Rob Dunn

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov