Ham-Com Goodies

Grant Youngman nq5t at GTE.NET
Thu Jun 10 22:45:03 EDT 1999

My collection has outstripped the space available.  To help return a
guest bedroom to its designed purpose, I'll have a few items at
HamCom -- Row E, Table 7.

Stop by and say hello ....

1.      Collins 75A3 -- in exquisite condition, with no marks, dirt or chips.
Restored by Howard Mills (W3HM), with 8R-1 Calibrator and both 3.1
and 6 Khz filters.  It has a product detector mod, indistinguishable
from the original Collins innards (and fully documented).  Outstanding
SSB performance with  a smooth, pop-less, and distortion free AGC
characteristic, and the 6Khz filter makes it play well on AM.  Would
consider a trade on a better than average 51J4.

2.      Collins 75A2 -- very nice shape, early version with 6AK5 RF amp.
Disassembled and thoroughly cleaned.  Repainted cabinet and minor
touch ups around the edges of the front panel.  New dial drum overlay,
and repro KHz dial (from K0BS).  Electrically restored.  No mods.  No
paint chips.  Good endpoints. Works well.

3.      An exceptional National NC-300 -- excellent physical and working
condition.  Cabinet refinished.  Front panel refinished as original.
Fully restored and has ER mods installed vastly improving SSB
performance.  XC-300 calibrator.  Also will have the correct matching
National speaker available, for sale separately.

4.      Hammarlund S-36A/RBK-15.  Clean and electrically restored to
working condition.  Front panel, knobs and dials are sparkling.
Original cabinet.  The nicest specimen I've seen anywhere --
naturally, since I did the restoration :-)

5.      AN/URM-25D -- cover and accessories.  Recently rebuilt per the
Dallas Langford instructions.  Works well and is in very nice physical
shape.

Miscellaneous other small stuff.  Some test equipment. Maybe an SX-
101A .. but I haven't decided yet.  And a Globe Scout 66 that's
complete, but needs a good scrubbing and some TLC to bring it back
to life.

See you at Ham-Com .... Grant

Grant Youngman / NQ5T
nq5t at gte.net