(fwd) Re: Why Repaint ???

Al Dolgosh al.dolgosh at HAMRADIO.ORG
Wed Jun 16 21:40:12 EDT 1999

I have repainted a lot of equipment - but only for the reasons that Keith mentioned
- when it REALLY needs it!

I, too, have seen repaint jobs that may as well have been applied with a coarse
house painting brush - and off-color because the painter had picked up something
"close" at the local Walmart.  Let's not confuse the issue of refinishing with the
issue of terribly poor workmanship.  If a cabinet is in REAL need of refinishing,
then special effort should be taken to assure a near-perfect job.  This is not a
chore for "amateurs", if you'll pardon the use of the expression.

A great refinishing job can turn a poor specimen into a valuable, good looking
piece of equipment.  A few scratches don't warrant complete refinishing which will
probably lower the appeal and value of the equipment.  Please don't condemn
refinishing without putting some limits around the need and the quality of the
work.

Al - K8EUR

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov