Help needed with CV-1694 SSB Converter

Rob Dunn dunnr at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sun Jun 20 14:40:35 EDT 1999

Sorry if this shows up twice, first transmittal didn't make to me so am
retransmitting after an 8 hr wait.

Hi All,

I just found a CV-1694/GRC-129 (S/N 32) Single Sideband Adapter manufactured
by Mason Labs that apparently accepts inputs from two separate receiver
455kHz IF's (selectable USB/LSB) and returns the demodulated audio back to
the R-390A.  Only problem is that it appears to need an external 455 kHz
oscillator and an external power supply.  Otherwise this is a beautiful
piece of hardware with gasketed top and bottom panels secured with 1/4 turn
a/c fasteners and IREC tube covers over the four tubes.  It is in like new
condition and I couldn't help but pick it up and carry it home.

Has anyone managed to sucessfully integrate one of these with the R-390 or
R-390A or does anybody have a design handy for a 455kHZ tube BFO?

Anybody know where I can get a manual or have one I can copy?  Can't imagine
getting this to work without one.

As always thanks in advance for all the help and keep them glowing!

Rob

P.S.  It's been a great weekend.  I found an old R-390 (non-A) project radio
(well worn) and also found an R-390A that looks great (has a flip cover over
the freq dial that I had not seen before) but that reportedly needs the
geartrain aligned.  I will soon be up to my ears in projects!  Better hurry
up and finish the HQ-180X that I am working on now.

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
and in body: signoff BOATANCHORS