HP-23 and other tab mount caps.

charles w. morehouse cwmorehouse at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Nov 17 04:03:16 EST 1999

Fellow Keepers,
Hears what I do if can't find a replacement for those tab mounts.
1. Carefully remove the capacitor.
2. Saw around the base using a fine hacksaw above the hump at the base.
3. Dig out the old and clean up.
4. Replace with new radial or axial caps. The new are a lot smaller than
the originals.
5. Pour the can with epoxy and re-install...WALA a new tab mount.
Good luck.

More information about the Boatanchors mailing list