HP-23 and other tab mount caps.

Dick Blaney wb8mhe at BRIGHT.NET
Fri Nov 19 14:18:44 EST 1999

Brian, et al, I think that Rich Post's suggestion of "potting with
air", and maybe secureing the new axial/radial caps to the inside of
the can with a small dab of hot-melt glue, or maybe a small dab of
silicone bath tub sealant, would be best.  I certainly would not use
anything that in any way encapsulated them such that the blow-out
pressure relief plugs were restricted.
73 de
Dick, WB8MHE
wb8mhe at bright.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Carling <af4k at earthlink.net>
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV <BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Date: Thursday, November 18, 1999 12:56 PM
Subject: Re: HP-23 and other tab mount caps.

Dick, et al, do you think silicone / silastamer (sp?) type materiual
would be
safer as a "potting compound in such instances, or is there some other
material more appropraite for safety's sake?

Also, my thought is this:  Why not just leave the radial caps loose
inside the
old can? Does someone fear that they will fall out?!