BAs in the new Bond flick

Matt Stutterheim Radiomatt at AOL.COM
Sun Nov 21 19:47:58 EST 1999

In a message dated 11/21/1999 7:39:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sbishay at MINDSPRING.COM writes:

> Hi all,
>
>  Looks like the hollywood set folks that did that movie don't know much
>  about radios. There is a scene where a radioman it trying to pick up a
>  signal, but he is using an HP 608 signal generator! What is worse is that
>  he had what looked like a Collins 51J-4 sitting right next to it.

Well, it could be the local oscillator in the J4 had crapped out, and they
were using the HP instead of the PTO in the Collins, injecting the signal to
be able to tune around.

 If you're a tech involved on an important project (destroying/saving the
world, for instance), you have improvise to keep the communications getting
through.

BTW I'm still looking for an INTEROCETER  (spelling?)