FS/T: ITT Mackay 3021A Receiver

Doug Hall kf4kl at IPASS.NET
Wed Oct 13 21:39:10 EDT 1999

Hi folks,
I have an ITT Mackay 3021A receiver that I'd like to sell or swap for
something. The receiver is in good condition cosmetically, but doesn't
work. The IF strip appears to be OK, and the preselector appears to be
OK, but it doesn't receive. The problem seems to be related to the
synthesizer. That's as far as I have gotten with it. I've had this
receiver for over 5 years, and I've got too many other projects (BA,
DSP, and antenna related) to spend any time looking at it, so I'd like
to find a home for it. As far as I know there are no synthesizer parts
used that are no longer available. In other words, while the receiver
doesn't work, I'm confident that it can be fixed. But if all you've
got for test equipment is an Eico scope without triggered sweep and a
Simpson 260, you might have a hard time.

I have the original manual for it, which includes full schematics,
theory of operation, etc. All the modules are there. Some specs:

Frequency range:  15 - 30000 kHz
Selectivity:      8/2/1/.4 kHz
Modes:            AM/CW/LSB/USB

This is a rack-mount receiver, but the matching (and somewhat rare)
desktop cabinet is included. And no, I won't sell or trade the desktop
cabinet separately.

I'm open to radio-related trades of all types, including, but not
limited to:

BA receivers or transmitters
3-500Z chimneys (I'm building an amp)
A decent signal generator for BA work
A Tek 465 or 475 scope
An Icom 706Mk2 or Mk2G
Other interesting stuff

+/- cash, of course, depending on what you have. Trades preferred, as
I have no idea what the receiver is worth. As Grandpa always said,
"How much it's worth depends on how bad you want it."
73,
Doug, KF4KL

To subscribe: listserv at listserv.tempe.gov
To unsubscribe:  listserv at listserv.tempe.gov