HELP: WhazIt? TR switch? **PREAMP**

Ian Webb ian_webb at PACBELL.NET
Tue Apr 4 02:08:34 EDT 2000

Mystery solved!

Though several responses agreed that they remembered a T/R switch that

looked like it, it turns out that the answer was sent by a person who
said:

"According to the Dow-Key ad in my 1963 ARRL Handbook, it is an RFB
Preamplifier. "50 to 75 ohm impedance matching 'broadband
preamplifier.'  Increases overall gain by 1 to 6 S-units on all bands
(1.6 to 30 mc.)"

His memory is better than mine and I remember now and will take a look

in the 1963 QST volume in the library!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Ian, K6SDE