THANKS! Restringing Radios

Ron Evans cosmos41 at IX.NETCOM.COM
Mon Apr 10 00:11:08 EDT 2000

My deepest gratitude to all who answered my plea for info on restringing
old radios.  The cord I used WAS from AES, but it did *not* have the
tough filament center cord inside the fabric part of the cord.
Unfortunately, the stuff AES sells WILL stretch.  I guess the best
answer is to pre-stretch it, which many suggested.  Thanks for all the
other great tips, too.  They'll all come in handy in the future and are
a wonderful part of my education in this incredible new pursuit of
restoring fine old receivers!

Thanks to all!

Ron - K5MVR