FS: Collins Gold Dust Twins

Gary Harmon gharmon at IDWORLD.NET
Tue Apr 18 17:57:55 EDT 2000

Hi everyone,

I have a set of Gold Dust Twins (75A-4 and KWS-1) for sale.

The receiver and exciter look really nice and have minimal cosmetic
problems.  There are some of the little nicks across the top front panel
edge of the receiver.
The power supply cabinet needs refinishing.
Original manuals.

75A-4 Receiver......
Serial number 2518
Chassis date 7/18/58
Works well
Extra BNC and trimmer adjustment hole on rear
Standard SSB filter
Collins 4:1 reduction knob
No speaker
$1,250 OBO

KWS-1 Exciter......
Serial number 168
Fresh 4X-250B finals
Partial alignment done
Checked out on 80 meters
Collins 4:1 reduction knob
Needs a piece of rectangular glass on the front panel

KWS-1 Power Supply:
Replaced four capacitors
New HV cable
Wired for 115V
PS to exciter cables
Fresh 866A HV tubes
Blower fan bearings replaced
New air hose
100V AC antenna relay included (requires DC relay)
Inside of the power supply looks great
$1,750 OBO

Would consider a nice SX-115 or SX-28A as partial trade.

Can take the twins to Belton on 29 Apr for serious examination and purchase.
Would also be willing to drive a reasonable distance for delivery.

Here are some pictures to review.  Please contact me on the telephone or
email for additional information or more pictures.

http://www.txdirect.net/users/k5jwk/75A-4-4.jpg

http://www.txdirect.net/users/k5jwk/75A-4-2.jpg

http://www.txdirect.net/users/k5jwk/75A-4-6.jpg

http://www.txdirect.net/users/k5jwk/KWS-1-12.jpg