The Q

Lane Zeitler Ku7i at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Fri Jan 21 21:04:21 EST 2000

I am in the process of building a Ramsey rcvr preamp kit that covers from below 160 meters to around 1 ghz. It will be used with my 160 meter rcv loop. Since it is broadband I want to build a preselector front end for it consisting of a parallel LC circuit. I may even put another LC circuit at the o/p of the preamp as well.

What is the Q that I should use for the parallel LC circuits? I have been digging and have found other circuits but nothing that gives me the Q. The L and C combos are infinite. I assume a high Q but how high? 200? 100?

The input and output of the preamp will be grounded on xmit.

Help.

Lane
Ku7i