FS: ETO-Alpha VOMAX Split-Band Speech Processor

Jan N0JR swanman at CFU.NET
Fri Jan 28 13:07:22 EST 2000

Have a classic ETO Alpha VOMAX SBP-3 Split-Band Speech Processor, serial
#116, that I don't need. The "Alpha VOMAX," as it is called, is commonly
considered the best speech processor ever offered on the ham market.  It
splits the audio signal into four discreet bands, peak-limits each band,
passes the four separate signals through bandpass filters to eliminate
all distortion, then sums the signals in a phase-equalling combiner.
The result is audio ouput you can feed to your transmitter that has less
than 5% distortion and 10-12 db power gain.  The Alpha VOMAX is so clean
and easy to adjust that serious DXers have often used it ahead of the RF
pseech processors internal to their rigs (such a setup helped me get
5BWAZ).  This unit is in very good cosmetic condition and EXCELLENT
operating condition.  It comes complete with ALL documentation,
including technical details and circuit board layout as well as
installation and operating instructions. Sell for $95 + $5 to ship,
price firm, sorry no trades.  Tks es 73, Jan N0JR
--
"There is no end to what you can accomplish
if you don't care who gets the credit."