FRR-22 help needed[via LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com]

Ron kc4yoy at TRELLIS.NET
Sat Jul 8 23:43:15 EDT 2000

HI Gang,

We attended the Salisbury HamFest yesterday and like many
times before this small fest yielded several good finds.
There were a good number of BA's there and a nice looking
AN/FRR-22 followed me home, plus a stack of back issues
of "Electric Radio". Along with the FRR-22 came a full set of
the hard to find pencil tubes and some tech data for it.

The FRR-22 looks to be in very nice original condx.
When I tried to fire it up after getting it back home
and past the approving eyes of the XYL, I was surprised
to have it trip the circuit breaker when I plugged it in.
After taking it apart and checking everything and finding
no problems I remembered that the outlet I was plugging it into
was on a GFI circuit and so I tried it on a regular outlet and
it powered up without tripping the breaker.
The only problem I've found so far is that the audio output
is low and muddy sounding on AM (A1) but loud and clear
on SSB/CW (A3). Does anyone in the group have experience
with this radio and can give me some advice as to where
to this problem may be coming form?
Also does anyone have a spare gray Navy speaker that
would be correct for this receiver?

Thanks in advance for your help.

73,

Ron

.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ )>¥<( ¯`·.,¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-->¥<--.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

Ron Lawrence  K C 4 Y O Y
CC-AWA Chapter President & Conference Chairman

email: kc4yoy at trellis.net

snail mail: POBox 3015
                Matthews, NC 28106

home phone: 704.289.1166

Check out the CC-AWA web page at:
    http://www.cc-awa.org

The Antique Wireless Association's web page is at,
   http://www.antiquewireless.org

Visit "Radio Heaven" at:
   http://RadioHeaven.homestead.com/RadioHeaven1.html

Member of: AWA, CC-AWA, TCA, &  ARRL