(no subject)

Joseph Lutz kwz99 at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Jun 12 22:12:16 EDT 2000

Evening Paul,

  The RSS-5 was designed for operation as an integral part
of a TFMS radio set [Chipsounder] to enchance its performance
in the frequency management of HF radio nets. It is a micro-
processor-controlled radio receiver that functions as a scanning
spectrum monitor for the statistical analysis of signals in the HF
range.  In it's primary mode of operation, [SCAN MODE], the
receiver scans through the HF spectrum from 2 to 30 MHz in
approximately 20 seconds [or faster depending on how you program
it].  The secondary mode of operation is Monitor Mode in which the
operator may listen to a particular frequency.  In this mode all
scanning
processes are stopped.  I was going to rack mount this and use it
as a Spectrum monitor, but since I divested myself of my R390A and
currently considering putting my 51J-4 up for grabs - it works and it
is just too neat of a rcvr to sit here and collect dust [especially
WE s/n
827], I guess it was just a folly that I had.  Don't want this
equipment to
be 'snatched up' by ///estate buyers from the wife - doing her a
favor///
for a fraction of the price - so they can line their pockets.  Anyay,
any
other info you may need on the RSS-5 let me know - had one tentative
buyer - but it seems it fell through.  If no response - then it goes
to that
dreaded ''other place''.

Ciao!

73,
JOE W7LPF/3 - NNNØKUU
NEW FLORENCE, PA [WESTMORELAND CO]
QWCA - SWOP - NCVA - FISTS - NAVMARS - RCC