FW: Testing Nuvistors

Brian Goldsmith goldsmith at OUP.COM.AU
Wed Mar 22 23:27:01 EST 2000

I have seen posts in the past indicating that testing Nuvistors on an X
brand tube tester will destroy the Nuvistor (or words to that effect).I can
only assume that the TYPE of tube tester mentioned would have been a simple
emission tester (such as the Heathkit TC2).Can anyone recall seeing these
posts and can anyone add some definitive wisdom?I should then ask if it is
possible to test Nuvistors on a TC2 using a simple octal to nuvistor socket
adaptor.Would anyone have the reading settings as distinct from the pin
connections as these are easily worked out?
                                                                                        Regards.
                                                                                                Brian Goldsmith