A small voice restored

N5AIT Allan Stephens MODSTEPH at ACS.EKU.EDU
Sat May 27 20:57:57 EDT 2000

Gang:

     With school over for the summer (yesterday) I finally
had a chance to get back to my projectspile... and to a
Knight 50 Watt Transmitter (that IS its actual name) that
brother Ben K9KOM gave me to work on.  Main problem was
variable caps with bent plates (how do they DO that?) -
now all nicely straightened out (no more shorts) - filter
caps restored using Uncle Marty's famous process, and the
mighty 807 is now putting out a solid almost-30 watts.

     A small thing perhaps, but a nice way to ease into
the summer season.  Now to get after a few others, like
that Invader 2000, or the NC-303, or... well, you get the
idea.

     Remember - "CX" the last Sunday in September, so use
the hamfst season wisely...  ;-)

  e hamfest season wisely!

     73,  Al  N5AIT