Tube tester question

Al Parker anchor at COASTALNET.COM
Mon May 29 07:46:39 EDT 2000

At 10:12 PM 05/28/2000 -0700, Jim Berry wrote:
>I have a chance to buy a Hickcok (SP) 600A tube tester.  Is it any
>good?  What is it worth, and what should I offer for it?

Hi,
        Go to "Padgett's Page" http://www2.gdi.net/~padgett/index.htm

He speaks well of the 600, and most (all?) Hickoks are great.
Seems to me, $25 is a good "buyer's price", $100 is a good one for a
seller.  I've seen the whole range, +.  Depends a bit on condx, & what the
seller thinks of tubes in general.  Probably $50-75 is a good range, IMHO.
73,

Al, W8UT
New Bern, NC
BoatAnchors appreciated here
anchor at coastalnet.com

And remember; "-They don´t make tubes nowadays like they used to..."