age of microphone and stand

John W. King jbkking at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sat Nov 18 00:53:20 EST 2000

I have a Shure 707A crystal microphone. Shure website says the 707A was
manufactured from 1940 to 1970. I have no way of knowing the year of
manufacture of my microphone unless I can possibly tell when the desk
stand base was manufactured. The cast iron base was manufactured by
Snyder Mfg. Company of Philiadelphia, Pa.. Would any of you know the
years of operation of Snyder Mfg. Co. in the manufacture of cast iron
bases for microphone stands? I was thinking that I might date my Shure
707A within a couple of years or so if anyone would have information
about Snyder. Thanks for reading. 73, John K5PGW