CC-AWA Fall Swap Meet

Ron kc4yoy at TRELLIS.NET
Thu Sep 14 18:08:39 EDT 2000

Mark your calendar now for Saturday October 28!

The CC-AWA Greensboro Antique Radio swap-fest is shaping up to be another
big
event.  The heat of summer will be over - the leaves will be turning -
we'll
be getting ready for Halloween...  Ah, but the true collectors will be
heading to Jamestown, North Carolina for a quiet stroll through City Lake
Park, looking for radio treasures and catching up on old times with old
friends.

For those who haven't attended, City Lake Park is located along Greensboro
-
High Point Road.  Jamestown is the small town that connects the two, and
the
park is situated on a lake, so it's a nice setting that time of year.
We're
able to use a long parking lot as our vendor set up area.  It's located
next
to a small gym.  That's where the restrooms are, and in case of rain, it
has
a covered loading area so everyone can set up inside and out of the bad
weather.  If the sun is shining (and it always has been...) this is the
perfect location for real easy-going "tailgating" like we all used to do
years ago.  No big set-ups needed, just the stuff that's lying around or
radios you're starting to get tired of.  Remember heading to the Holiday
Inn
in Monroe?  Before eBay, before the collection worked its way into every
room
in the house?    Yep, those were the days.  So toss a couple of radios in
the
car and be there early!

The gate to the park opens at 7 AM ... and there's always a line waiting to

get in at that point.  Due to the small amount of manpower (usually one)
there's no holding back on sales - so the early birds get the wireless
worms!
 The cost to set up is minimal, and there's never a charge if you're just
shopping.  Most people stay until at least 10:00 or 10:30, then the trunks
start to close, the deals are finalized, phone numbers are exchanged, and
folks head down the road.  The last car usually pulls out by noon.  It's a
fairly short day, but we've all seen some great buys and some great radios
change hands during the fall meet.  Remember the catalin set for $5?  I
didn't get it, but another quick thinker did.  Might be some more treasures

ready to crawl out of another collector's garage.

Take a moment and mark it down -- Saturday, October 28 -- City Lake Park in

Jamestown, NC.  Off I-40 in Greensboro, take the High Point Road exit.
Head
west (toward High Point) 7.5 miles and the park is on your right.  We're in

the parking lot behind the pool, which is visible from the road.

Any questions?  Need further directions or motel suggestions?  Contact Brad

Jones at 336-547-1919 or BandTJones at aol.com.

73,

Ron

.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ )>¥<( ¯`·.,¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-->¥<--.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

Ron Lawrence  K C 4 Y O Y
CC-AWA Chapter President & Conference Chairman

email: kc4yoy at trellis.net

snail mail: POBox 3015
                Matthews, NC 28106

home phone: 704.289.1166

Check out the CC-AWA web page at:
    http://www.cc-awa.org

The Antique Wireless Association's web page is at,
   http://www.antiquewireless.org

Visit "Radio Heaven" at:
   http://RadioHeaven.homestead.com/RadioHeaven1.html

Member of: AWA, CC-AWA, TCA, &  ARRL