Johnson Ranger VFO advice please

Rich Sahlender rsahlen at VOICENET.COM
Sun Sep 17 21:18:20 EDT 2000

Les,

If you have the optional ptt installed, there is a pair of
15mf electrolytics which are part of the 6al5 bias circuit
and they wreak havok with the vfo when they start to go. You
can't see them without removing the top of the compartment.
As I recall, the original I pulled from mine was a single
cardboard tube with the pair inside. They were going dry and
in my case caused a nasty hum/buzz in the vfo until replaced.

73 de
Rich WA3WLH