Hollow-state snake oil?

Jim Gelbort jamesgelbort at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Fri Feb 9 12:03:57 EST 2001

The following was originally posted on the qrp-l listserv:

My friend John, W4DRJ, passed this along to me knowing that I stand in awe
of the cutting edge technology that thrives in the high end audiooofile
community.

Here's a product that will give us that little extra ooomph for all of our
itty bitty qrp rigs.  It's guaranteed to give solid state rigs that tube
warmth, definition and emotion we all aspire to.  Fool folks into thinking
you're running a real rig like a KWM-2 or a BC-610 instead of some puny
little qrp rig.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/104180.html

People will buy this stuff and that's downright scary.  You'll notice that
the word "asylum" appears in the address, that pretty much says it all.  I
don't blame Mike B. for not signing his last name.

Now, who's going to step up to the plate and review the JISCO Jitter
Scrambling Decorrelator?  Maybe someone should send one and a bottle of the
laquer to the ARRL Lab for a product review.  I hope it's not too late for
the April QST.

Somewhere, P.T. Barnum is having a good laugh.

72,

Rick kf4ar