Hollow-state snake oil?

Chris Trask ctrask at PRIMENET.COM
Fri Feb 9 15:03:39 EST 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Jim Gelbort wrote:

> My friend John, W4DRJ, passed this along to me knowing that I stand in awe
> of the cutting edge technology that thrives in the high end audiooofile
> community.

        <SNIP>

> http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/104180.html

        <SNIP>

> Now, who's going to step up to the plate and review the JISCO Jitter
> Scrambling Decorrelator?  Maybe someone should send one and a bottle of the
> laquer to the ARRL Lab for a product review.  I hope it's not too late for
> the April QST.
>
> Somewhere, P.T. Barnum is having a good laugh.

        I'll look at that site later.  In the meantime, keep in mind
that even our own patent office is repeatedly duped into granting public
recognition, by way of patents, to some of the most foolhardy ideas to
be conceived.  One of thos was the faster than light antenna from about a
year ago, and even more recently was the three or so patents granted to
ParkerVision in which they were granted claims for inductors, capacitors,
direct conversion receivers, superhet receivers, and just about every
type oof modulation format known to man.

        You all know the word I'm thinking of here.

Chris

     ,----------------------.       High Performance Mixers and
    /    What's all this     \    Amplifiers for RF Communications
   / extinct stuff, anyhow?  /
   \  _______,--------------'           Chris Trask / N7ZWY
  _ |/                                  Principal Engineer
 oo\                                  Sonoran Radio Research
(__)\       _                             P.O. Box 25240
  \  \    .'  `.                     Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
    \  '"        \                     IEEE Member #40274515
      '-| )__| :.  \                 Email: ctrask at primenet.com
        | |  | | \  '.            http://www.primenet.com/~ctrask

                       Graphics by Loek Frederiks