Transformer Info

Bob Raley raleyr_1 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 8 15:21:34 EST 2001

I second this opinion.  BAMA would be an excellent resource area for this
information.  I recently posted a question on some Stancor transformers I
acquired some years ago.  And I'd been unable to ascertain their
specifications except by direct measurement. I really needed to know how
many amps they could handle because I want to use them in building an HF
amplifier. Problem was these transformers stock numbers which were neatly
punched into the metal didn't correspond with any other Stancor numbers
anyone had knowledge of.  Luckily for me, Wayne Steiner, a member of this
reflector had first hand knowledge of these numbers because he owned a
Military type transmitter that these transformers came out of.  We assumed
bucause of being manufactured for the military in WWII the numbers were
changed to suit the military.  I don't know how this particular info could
be cataloged at BAMA other than maybe adding a footnote to the Stancor
information.  My two cents worth!

Bob Raley N5JAN