Opinion of Wavetek 3000 series Signal Generator

John Kolb jlkolb at CTS.COM
Fri Jan 19 00:36:20 EST 2001

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Don Buska wrote:

> Hey BA Guys,
>
> I was reviewing the going prices on the WAVETEK 3000's series Signal Generators.  I
> was surprised to see them selling for around $100-$200 range quite often.  Does anyone
> in BA land have experience with these?  Are they any good?  How do they compare to the

I was working for Wavetek, San Diego when they bought the cable test
equipment company that became Wavetek, Indiana, which is the group
that built the 3000.

Shortly after the 3000 was introduced I had one sent to San Diego
for use in synthesizer project I was involved in. It failed after
a month or so. It's replacement failed after a short time, as
did it's replacement.

This was early in their product life, they made them a long
time, with several variations, and I've talked to others that
used them with never a trace of problems, so YMMV.

John