Using a Variac

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Wed Jun 20 07:08:43 EDT 2001

If the goal is to reform capacitors, then there may be some other considerations, such as
HOW LONG to run at each voltage along the way.

Also ask yourself this. If this has a solid state power supply, does it depend on tube
current to load the voltage to a level that will not damage something?

I think the main issue here is time, once you get beyond safety issues and
the helpful tips already offered about not damaging your equipment.

If I were you I would consult Roy Morgan K1LKY. He has had a lot of experience
doing this sort of thing. If he is not in this list/group, then you will find him in
either DCBOATANCHORS - OR - GLOWBUGS.

Regards - Brian