Time To Cry Guys SX88

Gary Harmon gharmon at IDWORLD.NET
Mon Jun 25 22:43:31 EDT 2001

Hi Jim,

Your comparison is to me like comparing apples and oranges.  Offering a lowball
amount to a widow or even to an older ham or anyone else is morally wrong.
Buying items at an auction is fair for the seller and sometimes fair for the
buyer.  Personally I buy and sell a few things to keep a little money flowing in
the hobby.  I've even shipped a few items to oversea locations and in each case
the buyer was a collector and user.

The "Golden Rule" comes into play here also.

73, gary

=====================
Gary H. Harmon, Jr.
K5JWK
6302 Robin Forest
San Antonio, TX  78239-3218
(210) 657-1549
gharmon at idworld.net
=====================

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Jim Strohm
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 8:20 AM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: Time To Cry Guys SX88

 Alan Gutfrucht <alang at ESSEX1.COM> says...

>I have an interesting story along the same line that happened to me this
>weekend.
>
>A fellow ham friend of mine called me up to tell me about an SK estate
>auction that was taking place in our little Illinois town.

I like a bargain at least as much as the other guy -- but how far is this
picture from the "swindling the SK's widow" scenario?  I do hope that the
other bidder provided good homes for those rigs -- in the United States,
and preferably in his own shack.

Jim N6OTQ