WTD: JOHNSON METER

Dee Almquist w4pnt at VAIX.NET
Sun Mar 11 22:47:42 EST 2001

Hello Fellow Anchorites
You Ranger owner/operators, learn from my nail biting experience. Suggest
replacing those bypass caps on the meter connections. If one on 'em shorts
to ground, they could take your meter. Those ceramics are rated @ 1kv but
all of them are old & they have 700V+ no load voltage on them.
Thats just what happened to me Sat when I powered up my Turbo Ranger ll. I
mean to say it blew the side out of a ceramic cap to meter can & vaporized a
meter!??
I am now needing a meter for either a Ranger ll or Valiant ll.  Its a
Simpson meter. Meter need not be pretty, just working. I can exchange face &
case. Any help appreciated.
73 es Dee