International payment for ham gear

Kees & Sandy Talen talen at INETPORT.COM
Fri May 11 13:02:04 EDT 2001

Since many of us are buying ham equipment outside the USA,
I thought I'd pass on some info which may be helpful.

The first time I tried locating an International Money Order or
International Bank Draft, received the following responses:

- "Our bank can't issue either one of those"
- "Our bank can issue an International Draft ONLY
   if you are a customer, do you want to sign up ?"
- "Sure, our bank can issue an International Draft....cost $25"
- From Wells Fargo Bank ..."Yes, we have International Money
  Orders....cost $12"

Wal-Mart has International Money Orders .....cost 46 cents.
I suspect there are other sources like that.

73s  Kees K5BCQ