eBay

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Wed May 16 07:29:39 EDT 2001

I read the article at qrz.com -
this is really disgraceful behavior on the part of eBray.

Makes me glad that I have had virtually no dealings
with their program up to this point. I hqave bought maybe two items and sold only one
via eBray and I was not greatly pleased with the experience.

In my estimation, there may be NUMEROUS problems with fraud, shills etc.

If someone does not know what a shill is, that is when the seller has a friend (or even
another fake account of his/her own) and runs up the prices on things by bidding
amounts that will be borne (if necessary) by the seller.

When it comes to auctions, CAVEAT EMPTOR. I prefer to stick to the e-mail lists
where we all somewhat know each other, when it comes to buying and selling BA rigs
etc.

http://www.qrz.com/article.pl?sid=01/05/12/0955228&mode=thread