[MilSurplus] Re: [ARC5] here is my want list!!!! I am always looking for professional journals, conference proceedings, and upper-level and graduate-level books in EE and related areas of applied physics. Early childrens books on these subject wante

ed sharpe esharpe at USWEST.NET
Wed Nov 7 21:23:05 EST 2001

Greetings from the Museum...
Gee, now I feel as though I am forced into a position to defend myself....

If you will analyze this list,  the majority of  topics that are on it  are
used to either directly manufacture or indirectly manufacture the  radio
products  that  we all enjoy,

The reference to early nursing books  was a wild card but thought I would
include it as a friend of mine is the director of the American museum of
nursing ( also here in Glendale Arizona) and thought I might  help garner
some material for her.

Back to the manufacture of  electronic marvels, using the soldering iron to
assemble them is towards the end of the process.... we carry things back
just about where you dig the raw materials from the earth to start the
process! Interesting to know where mica comes from for capacitors, galena
comes from to make  crystal detectors, the growing of crystals and the
doping of them to make semiconductors.... etc etc..

It puzzles me though why this person would choose to complain by also
blanketing to all the lists? What is the agenda? What is the motivation?

Please Todd, I consider your argument closed, and feel free to utilize the
delete key if you do not want to read   our messages.

We are on a quest, and it is an important one. This building is a resource
to all of us from the person that want to see some radio gear from
yesteryear to the person wondering  how crystals are grown to manufacture
transistors.

We feel that through the resources that we have availed folks to, either in
person or electronically ( ah my aching scanner!),  we have helped
out....but there is still much to do, more information and publications to
acquire..... just wait  until we get the server online with the two 60 gig
drives on it!!

anyway hope ya get my meaning, catch my drift... it is all part of the 'big
picture'

Thanks to all that expressed support both publicly and  into my email box.
There is always more work to be done !

thanks ed sharpe archivist for smecc