Tantalum

H. W. Petersen wy7z at JUNO.COM
Thu Nov 22 01:28:37 EST 2001

I'm probably 75 years too late to be asking this, but does anyone know
where I can get some tantalum?

I'm restoring a  c1924 Balkite battery charger that needs a stripof
tantalum as one electrode in the rectifier (which also uses an aluminum
electrode and sulfuric acid.). My hope is to use the Balkite to charge
wet cell A batteries to provide filament power to a 3 dial TRF set, as
was done in the mid 1920s.  I already have everying to finish the
project, including a Willard B power unit, except the tantalum. I've
tried to find it locally but everywhere I go people act like I'm a crazy
man that should be reported to security.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Pete Petersen