Many Crystals For Sale

Glen E. Zook gzook at HOME.COM
Tue Oct 2 01:23:26 EDT 2001

Today I fund a box with over 100 80 meter crystals (and a few 40 meter
crystals)under my workbench!  I tested every one first in my Globe
Champion 350 (which is very particular as to which crystals will work
and what won't work, many crystals that work in other transmitters won't
oscillate in the Globe Champion).  The very few that didn't oscillate in
it were checked with a Globe Chief 90A and a DX-20.  They work in those
transmitters and should work in 99% of other transmitters.

All oscillate very close to the indicated frequencies.   I didn't use a
counter, but used my Collins 75A3 receiver to make sure that they were
close to the indicated frequency.

Most of these crystals were manufactured to be used in either Motorola
or General Electric "low band" (30 - 50 MHz) FM tube type mobile
transmitters.  These crystals are designed to be "warped" on frequency,
usually with a variable capacitor.  Therefore, you should be able to put
a small trimmer capacitor (10 to 15 pf maximum, possibly more) across
the crystal and vary the frequency a few KHz (normally downward in
frequency from that which is indicated) without losing stability.  Also,
due to the varying circuitry of individual transmitter oscillators,
crystals will vary a KHz, or so, in either direction from the frequency
printed on the crystal holder.  This is true of all crystals, not just
these.  Some will be "right on",some will be slightly off.

Some of the HC6/U crystal holders have the larger pinsalready soldered
on which allows them to fit the FT-243 type socket.  Those are listed
separately, as are the very few FT-243 crystals that I have.  If more
than one is available, the quantity is listed.

Prices for the HC6/U crystals (including those withthe large pins) are
$4.00 each including mailing CONUS.  Canada is $5.00 US each including
postage. Six crystals (mix or match) for $20 CONUS and $25 Canada.

Ft-243 crystals are $8.00 each CONUS and $9.00 Canada.  Since there are
only 4 of these, no quantity discount.

Please contact me by E-Mail to reserve any crystals that you desire.
I'll let you know if they are still available.  If not, I'll put you on
a waiting list just in case I don't receive payment from the person who
reserved thwn.  For those that I have you will have 7 working days to
get a cheque to me (I will accept personal cheques from licensed
amateurs - takes about 3 days to clear these days).  If payment is not
received, they go to the next person on the list. I'll E-Mail you back
to let you know the status.

The list of frequencies follows:

Glen, K9STH

Crystal Frequencies