How do I make a MFP look-a-like?

Jim Berry basalop at GTE.NET
Mon Oct 8 01:46:50 EDT 2001

I am in the process of restoring an old Navy rig.  Some of the
original MFP came off.  I can protect the aluminum areas where
the original MFP was with some water based Poly Urethane varnish
that I do have.  The only trouble with the stuff is it is clear.
I have some that is colored, but it is not dark enough
I have tried to darken up my Poly with wood stain stuff, but
have had no luck.  The wood stain is oil based probably, and won't
mix with the Poly.  Is there anything I can mix into the clear
Poly Urethane I have to make it the color to match the original
MFP?

73 Jim K7SLI

---