FS: ORIG JOHNSON VAL-1 PANEL

Dee Almquist w4pnt at VAIX.NET
Wed Sep 5 14:50:04 EDT 2001

Hi Fellow AM'rs
I just purchased a Val-1 in orig box. No its not NOS but super clean
considering yrs in storage. It has been used & I am going to completely
rebuild this "baby" for as a special order to talk quality AM for a fellow
AM'r. And the AM'r wants a complete restored panel & cab with it.

Is there any interest in an original, VERY good condition panel set? The
panel has some minor "rub" thru marks on top edge that can be lived with or
fixed. The normal damage to the panel edges are not present on this panel. I
see only minor scuffs on panel, no thru paint scratches or wear. I think
panel will polish up great. Its almost too nice to refinish.
I can send pics of the panel.

The cab is needing refinishing. What I will do here is put one of my
refinished cabs with this panel if desired. Or you can refinish cab yourself
(I won't privide paint. Please dont ask).

Price? You know I get $300 + shipping for complete refinish. However, this
deal will only include a $100. cab re-finish. How much for the panel, etc. ?
Lets talk about that. BUT PLAN ON TRADING YOUR CLEAN REFINISHABLE SET IN ON
THIS DEAL. Same as with any refinish job. I want an exchange.

Patty & I plan to be @ Bowie, Md HF week end of the 29th this month. Will
consider delivery there before shipping. So this will give you time to
consider, see pics, get your panel & stuff pulled off that Valiant & meet us
there.
Warm regards
Dee
http://w4pnt.8k.com
Patty & Dee's Marina Collectors of "firebottle" radios
Sound In Mind
534 W. Main St.
Waynesboro, Va. 22980
(540)249-3161 Cell: (540)480-7179