We regret the passing of John R. Pierce, One of the Bell Labs alumni

ed sharpe esharpe at USWEST.NET
Mon Apr 8 18:56:14 EDT 2002

We regret the passing of  John R. Pierce, One of the Bell Labs alumni who's
efforts and developments touched the outcome of all of our lives.
John had been active in the Museum's early efforts to document
communications history. He will be missed by all of us. There is a memorial
site being constructed and anyone that worked with John is invited to subitt
commentary. Please contact me offlist with material.

John Pierce died in California on April 2 at age 92.

Read about two of  of J. R. Pierce's  many accomplishments

ECHO  http://www.smecc.org/john_pierce___echo.htm

TELSTAR  http://www.smecc.org/john_pierce1.htm

Look forward to seeing about his work on microwave devices such as traveling
wave tubes and klystrons in the near future.

Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC

t56jhgyt