[Boatanchors] NEED ANTENNA GURU

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Sun Apr 21 07:28:53 EDT 2002

On 20 Apr 2002 at 23:06, Gary Schafer wrote:

> 15 meters works fine from the 40 meter section.

It's interesting that you are supposed to be able to do that, yety my 40 meter
dipole will not tune to resonance on 15m using the auto-tuner in an Icom 746.

Overall I am really disappointed in the autotuners I have tried in two different solid
state rigs - a TS570DG and an IC746.

However, I have to say that the tuner in the TS570DG was sligfhtly better than the
Icom.

I am having to use a manual tuner. Tube finals have SO many advantages!