[Boatanchors] cleaning crystal cans

Gary Schafer garyschafer at ATTBI.COM
Mon Apr 29 20:14:17 EDT 2002

I got several suggestions to use white vinegar. It worked fine. I let a
few soak for a few minutes and then rinsed with water. Some of the more
corroded ones I let soak for 20 minutes or so. They cleaned up but it
also took some of the plating off. Even soaking them for a few minutes
took some of the plating of but I am not sure that the corrosion hadn't
already removed some of the plating. Anyway they are better than being
green and the pins are now clean too.

Have several at 8.550 mhz. Any ideas what they might be good for other
than 6 meters 51.3 mhz?

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Gary  K4FMX